IBM Cloud has been awarded the 2018 Global VMware Partner Innovation Award
IBM Cloud was awarded the 2018 Global VMware Partner Innovation Award for the Integrate Public Cloud category at VMware Partnership Leadership Summit. IBM Cloud is no stranger to being recognized as a top global partner of VMware; just last year, IBM Cloud won the VMware 2017 Partner of the Year award.
Key highlights from IBM’s partnership with VMware:
- IBM Cloud has more than 10 years of experience managing, designing, and deploying VMware infrastructure, with some of the largest VM deployments under management.
- IBM Cloud provides greater choice by letting you transform and migrate your on-premise VMs using vSphere and vCenterServer to the cloud—the only major cloud provider to do so.
- We understand the need for greater control and, as such, provide root access.
- IBM Cloud also enables a fully automated, managed global architecture for mission-critical VMware workloads targeting 99.99% availability with automated failovers.
- We provide consistent access to VMware infrastructure and operations through a global network of more than 60 data centers in 19 countries, with no data transfer fees.
- Through the combination of technology with VMware Hybrid Cloud Extension (HCX) and expertise with IBM Cloud Migration Factory, IBM has completed more than 100,000 migrations.
- To help accelerate hybrid cloud adoption and digital transformation, VMware and IBM Cloud announced the formation of a Joint Innovation Lab.
- The VMware and IBM partnership has helped thousands of enterprises like American Airlines, Osram, Westpac, and Honeywellmigrate and modernize their applications.
IBM just hitting their stride with what is possible in the cloud
While this award is further validation that IBM is on the right track, they continue to work closely with VMware and its partners to look for innovative ways to help clients get the most out of their data and their investment in cloud technologies.
With IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions, clients can:
- Consolidate and optimize data center footprint: Enjoy cost savings while eliminating aging infrastructure, addressing resource constraints and demand spikes with increased capacity, or consolidating multiple on-premise data centers.
- Proactively protect data: Guard against future disasters, minimize unexpected downtime, and utilize a multi-zone infrastructure designed for the high availability of mission-critical workloads.
- Modernize existing on-prem applications: Use built-in container integration to make a faster, easier move to the cloud and, once there, transform and modernize applications with services like Watson AI, security, IoT, analytics, and blockchain.